[Ti] Market Share: 2.3%

coccolithophorid at earthlink.net coccolithophorid at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 22 08:51:31 PST 2003

Henry Kalir <kalirhe at UMDNJ.EDU> wrote:
If Apple does not do whatever (I'm not a programmer nor at the helm of
Apple) it takes to NOT just increase it's market share, but to enable
all
PC users to use the Mac without losing anything - it will lose even more
market share, and with it - more 3rd party developers. The market is not
on an infinite increase! It has plateaued, so that now a decrease in
percentage of sales WILL mean LESS computers being sold.

I'm not "Chicken Little" - I just want Apple to survive and thrive for
ALL
of us. Deluding ourselves that there's no problem is harmful. Putting
our
heads together, and coming up with multiple possible solutions is what's
needed.

Excellent example! Linux is expanding precisely because there's no need
invest in any new hardware! Now, I'm NOT a programmer - but I'm sure
there
are enough knowledgeable people at Apple to figure something out -
either
a Mac OS running on Wintels or a Mac capable of running Mac OS *and*
Windoze and Linux, or a Mac OS capable of taking any current Windoze
Application and running it in a Mac environment...Can't be done, you
say?
Well - Jules Verne envisioned a flight to the moon, wireless and tons of
other stuff without necessarily having the engineering details outlined.

  Sure it would be radical, with great implications! But
I hope the one thing that would happen is that Apple would thrive.

Kevin wrote:
Apple is increasing its market share.

A pc user can switch to a Mac, if networked with their previous pc and
running VirtualPC the transition is painless.

Apple has gained hundreds of new developers with the release of OS X.

Apple is surviving and thriving for all of us, things look good for the
future.

There is no problem.

Forget about Windows, you use a Mac right?

Apple is thriving!

Kevin