[Ti] Why do URL's die when wrapped?

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Wed Jan 22 08:52:36 PST 2003

Robert,

Good stuff, I am using Entourage and I get a little different performance on
my end.

The messages you sent;
>From Mail - all the links were broken. First line clickable only.
>From Eudora - 1st link Bad, other two were perfect.
>From Entourage - all links perfect.

Interesting. I still don't think there is anything that can be done, the
differences between people's individual systems are too different. HTML
formatted mail may be the only way for ensuring a link will make it through?
Which would be annoying because I think most people use plain text only

On 1/22/03 8:26 AM, "Robert Ameeti" <robert at ameeti.net> wrote:

> And so to summarize the test I've just performed,
>
> Eudora successfully sends messages to the list without breaking long
> urls while not using the < or >. Eudora also displays the urls as
> links while composing the message.
>
> Entourage will cause the message to break unless the user encloses
> the url in < and >. Entourage will display the url as a link while
> composing.
>
> Apple's Mail will successfully send a message without the < and >.
> Mail will not display the url as a link prior to sending. (In fact,
> the url breaks in the composition window weirdly and you have no idea
> what the heck you are going to get.)
>
> Once again, Eudora wins.  :-)

Bill Reburn