[Ti] USB speakers

b flipper at macsrule.com
Wed Jan 22 16:12:34 PST 2003

>Hi,
>I'm looking for speakers that work through the USB port and not through the
>headphone jack of the Powerbook. Does this sort of thing exist? I'd like to
>limit the amount of cables connected to the computer: usb to hub, ethernet
>and power...
>
>Thanks,
>Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,

I use "Sound Sticks", USB, jacked into the open USB port on an
external extended Apple keyboard. They work fine. Small footprint,
adequate sound [two small vertical speakers w/4 x 1" speakers, and a
sub-woofer under the desk]. Each speaker column is round, with a 2"
footprint [circular diameter], maybe 9" high, sub woofer resembles
R2D2's head, with clear plexi-glass, rather than R2's brushed
aluminum 'skin'. Decent sound.

~flipper

667 Ti, 1 Gig RAM/assorted drives/TurboMouse Pro, etc.