[Ti] USB speakers

Sherman Gregory sherman at qualcomm.com
Wed Jan 22 17:27:30 PST 2003

At 12:49 AM +0100 1/23/03, Alexandre Kapellos wrote:
>Hi,
>I'm looking for speakers that work through the USB port and not through the
>headphone jack of the Powerbook. Does this sort of thing exist? I'd like to
>limit the amount of cables connected to the computer: usb to hub, ethernet
>and power...

I use the Harman/Kardon Sound Sticks, and like them.

The USB speakers that came with Cubes also will work if you don't
need sound quality of the bigger speakers and subwoofer.  Since you
are trying to reduce the number of wires around, these are nice
because they are powered off of the USB.  The problem is that Apple
never offered these as a separate item.  They only came with Cubes so
you have to fined someone that has upgraded their Cube to the
Harman/Cardons or other USB speakers that will part with them.  Do
not confuse these with the "Pro Speakers" which are not USB, but look
like the Cube speakers.

     Sherman