[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press

coccolithophorid at earthlink.net coccolithophorid at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 22 17:31:07 PST 2003

"Greg Chapel" <gchapel at worldnet.att.net>
In my town, We have no local retail outlet that sells Mac. BestBuy,
WalMart,
KMart, Sears, Circuit City, Radio Shack, etc. all carry Wintel machines,
software, and equipment but no Mac. I have to travel about 300 miles to
actually see a new Apple product in person. I continue to support Mac
products but sometimes I feel I am flogging a dead horse.

Kevin wrote:
I know what you mean, in my town we have only had electricity since
1954, let alone any kind of store that sold any type of computer stuff.
However most people that I know that have Macs bought them online, the
Apple store has Quicktime VR of every system, so you can get a pretty
good idea of what they look like. You can get all the specs at the
Apple website too, so the only real advantage of seeing them in person
would be touch. If you really feel like you are "flogging a dead horse"
you should switch to a pc, if it is hard to justify owning an Apple,
maybe you shouldn't, Apple is not for everyone, and you might find more
enjoyment with a WalMart pc.

Last I knew Sears sold Apple, has this changed?

Kevin