[Ti] best e-mail program

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Jan 23 00:21:21 PST 2003

At 16:39 -0500 22-1-2003, Malcolm Hamilton wrote:
>I¹ve been reading a lot about what different e-mail apps do.
>So far, some of the best reviews (Mail vs. Entourage vs. Eudora) have been for
>Eudora.
>I¹ve not see Mailsmith mentioned.  How does it stack up?
>Thanks for any advice!  (I¹d look at Entourage but I don¹t need the
>calendar or
>address book parts)
>
>Cheers, Malcolm

Malcolm - my vote still remains with Eudora: for speed, simplicity,
restorability, ease of use.

I clearly admit that the interface is very old-fashioned, and almost
seems anachronistic amongst all my other X programs, but I still see
no advantage for me in any other programs I have looked at, so far.
I try to maintain an open mind.

I have looked at or used - over the last 14 years with email - Profs,
All-in-1 [DEC], HPDesk, ClarisMail, Entourage, Outlook, Mailsmith,
Lotus Notes (by FAR the worst), Mail, Netscape......
but I have been solidly with Eudora for almost six years.

I suppose that I would like to move to Mail, if I had to say
anything, but when I have tried the move a few times, I quickly went
back to Eudora.  Maybe I should persist more.

regards,  Trevor