applescript mail collection by a dummy

Bryan Taylor bryan.taylor at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jan 22 23:55:02 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to automate my mail collection from my ISP automatically via
a dialup connection. What I've written so far (and it works) is --

tell application "Internet Connect" to activate
tell application "Internet Connect" to connect
tell application "Mail" to activate
tell application "Mail" to check for new mail

I'm happy to be told my script is rubbish and be shown the one true
path, but I'm really looking for a way to disconnect from my ISP once
the mail download completes. I couldn't recognise anything in the mail
script dictionary to achieve that.

I'm on a tiBook running 10.2.6, without classic  or 9.x, using the
internal modem..

If someone has any kind of method even emulating unix fetchmail,
providing I can use Mail.app to read my pop mail feed, I'd be keen to
hear it.

cheers
Bryan