[Ti] best e-mail program

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Thu Jan 23 22:32:13 PST 2003

Gary Mark <gmark at cogeco.ca> writes:
> Who's using FirstClass now on this list?

I am on a BBS that uses FirstClass, though I've slowly been migrating
all of my main E-mail from that BBS over to other accounts-I currently
have 8 different E-mail accounts, only two of which are not fairly
high-volume.  Well, not high-volume by many peoples' standards (those
who get hundreds or thousands of messages per day), but enough to keep
me busy.
I don't remember how long I've had that BBS account, but it's been a
LONG time.  What's really depressing is that each time I disconnect,
FirstClass Client tells me how much total time I've spent on that
server over the years; I'm currently at about 9 weeks and one day.  And
that's even with like a 10-minute idle disconnect (ie no client-server
interaction, even reading a downloaded message doesn't reset it).
But FirstClass gave me my first E-mail address and my first web page.

And to answer somebody else's question, there is a MacOS X version of
the client; I've been using it since it came out, and it works well.
Check versiontracker for the latest version and a link.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html