[Ti] Battery Life?

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Fri Jan 24 14:56:19 PST 2003

"Seymour J. Wolfson" <wolfson at wayne.edu> writes:
> I have one of the original TiPB when they first came out, and, as I
> recall, they were supposed to last about 4 hours on the battery.  I
> have been doing OK for a long time, but most recently I noticed that
> after about 1.5 hours, the battery gives out.  In fact it happens so
> fast, I do not even have enough time to shut it down before it goes
> into the coma state.
> Is this what should be expected or is this battery dying?

Batteries have a limited life; yours is probably getting close to 2
years old.  Your battery will slowly lose capacity as it is used.  If
you can deal with only 1.5 hours, then keep the battery.  If you want
significantly more battery life, you can buy a new one with about 20%
larger capacity than the original started with for around $130, I
think.  It too will die over a couple years, of course.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html