[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press

Arthur Amidon aamidon at tellink.net
Sat Jan 25 07:02:13 PST 2003

> Subject: Re: [Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press
>>> This is why I see more and more Macs in
>> Got any numbers for this?
>> -Joel

This is from the Web Elements chemistry-related site. At the bottom right of
this url is a polling of system preferences of people accessing the site.
Looks like 11% MAC OSes, that is, of those voting, not necessarily an
indication of actual user percents.

http://www.webelements.com/webelements/compounds/text/Sb/Sb2Se3-1315055.html

The computer operating system I prefer is:
MacOS
 6%
Win95
 4%
Win98
 33%
WinNT
 3%
Linux
 9%
Unix
 2%
Amiga
 2%
Win2000
 24%
WenTV
 1%
BeOS
 1%
MacOS-X
 5%
Other
 12%
votes: 16260

Then, at this related url, there are links to downloads of software (PC &
Mac) with some very large numbers on the Mac side.

<http://www.webelements.com/board/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file

Flashelements

Mac      3641   +
PC      10917   =
Total   14558   ×
        3641   ÷
        14558   =
Percent Mac        .25010303613134   ×

Who wouda figured? What's it mean? Mac users need more help? Crave
information? Have too much time on their hands because their machines just
work?  Mac users need to get a life and get off-line? All of the above?

-Arthur
--
Arthur Amidon
Amidon Recycling