[Ti] Tibook recovery

Adam Boettiger boettiger at pobox.com
Sat Jan 25 09:18:19 PST 2003

> I remember a few months ago discussing another system for OS X? Is this
> the same rebadged or another one?
>
> The key to these is just how much they help you make recovery and how
> with the aid of their information can the authorities recover your
> machine.

I've found two such services thus far.  The one I listed previously appears
to be more robust than the other I found, but like you say - how much they
help you make recovery is critical.  But at least KNOWING which person has
your unit is a start and better than nothing.  I guess my question is also -
from a unique IP address can you really identify a specific user or physical
address or does that only narrow it down to the state/city location and the
ISP they use?  If it could narrow down to allowing the ISP to ID the user,
that would make the service quite useful, but then you also get into the
issue of most ISPs requiring a court order to disclose user identities.

GPS tracking and the "Vinny with da baseball bat" might offer better and
faster recovery service...<G>

AB