[Ti] Tibook recovery

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sat Jan 25 09:23:06 PST 2003

>The key to these is just how much they help you make recovery and
>how with the aid of their information can the authorities recover
>your machine.

The above is the reality. Will the police put the time and effort to
track down a computer that only logs on via dialup with a constantly
changing IP, having to work with an ISP to identify the user? The
same applies to broadband users who use DHCP. I'm not clear that the
police will put this effort out.

--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net