[Ti] best e-mail program

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat Jan 25 09:52:19 PST 2003

>Actually this might not help as the Flags don't seem to be used all
>that much for reading etc.
>
>Don't you have a column with blue dots in it? If you click that
>colum you'll sort by all messages that have that blue button and so
>you can show all unread messages at the top of the folder.

Actually none of this accomplishes what I am talking about... my
filters in Eudora automatically distribute incoming mail to various
folders... It is cumbersome to flip through all the multiply nested
folders to get to unread mail in Mail. and the subtle bolding of the
folder to show new mail is easy to miss with my "old" eyes.

Entourage addressed this by creating a custom view called "unread
mail" so I can view all my unread mail in one window, no matter what
folder it has been filtered to.

Eudora opens up the mailbox in a separate window when new mail is
received.  While some do not like the "clutter" these multiple
windows cause, for me, it is handy, because I never miss new
messages, and once I have read the message I just close the window.
This is also, in essence, my spam filter as what shows up in my In
box is almost exclusively spam.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com