Ti as a condenser

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Sat Jan 25 09:52:53 PST 2003

I am wondering,
I hook up my turntable to my Ti via iMic and Final Vinyl. If I don't ground
the turntable to the Ti, it will buzz. But my question is, if there is a
buzz, there is a frequency current, and it goes to my relatively ungrounded
Ti. I am wondering if a car condenser in between will work, or if the Ti
could be damaged in some form acting as a condenser itself?

Normally any turntable goes into a stereo system and the ground wire is
connected to a screw jack. But I've notice further that some stereos don't
even have a three pronged power plug so the stereo system would be
performing the same role as would the Ti--just a static ground connection
between the components, not an electrical ground. Does any of this matter at
all?

Any thoughts?

Loren