[Ti] OS X on a PC? [forward from a different list]

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Sun Jan 26 09:44:55 PST 2003

On Sunday, January 26, 2003, at 10:23 AM, Zawadzki, Dan wrote:

> It IS possible that this guy claiming to have X running on his X86
> hardware had something like VMWare running with a fancy OSX theme
> faking
> the Aqua interface.  Did you actually see this guy BOOT to X?  I think
> not...it is not mechanically possible to run OSX on X86 hardware.

why not?  if you compile the mach kernel for the x86...  include x86
drivers - many can be derived from x86 unix and linux drivers already
in existence...  and compile the finder, quartz, etc. for x86...
should be very possible.

---
http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal  <etyrnal.studios>
etyrnal at ameritech.net   Soundtracks for Film & Commercial -
Photography - Mac in-house & phone support - Audio consultant -
Think Tank - Creative Solutions - TWÎN Personal Networking
lukeetyrnal at hotmail.com  -  1.847.528.5404 (cst)