[Ti] Monitor mirroring

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Jan 27 16:30:08 PST 2003

--On Monday, January 27, 2003 04:12 PM -0800 Steve Wozniak <steve at woz.org> wrote:

> Holding down command while pressing the brighter button turns an external display on and off, while pressing the darker button turns video mirroring on and off.

On mine, <CMD> F2  (holding command while pressing the brighter button) does a "detect displays" function. The external monitor always stays on, but the Powerbook knows it is there and its resolution ranges.

<Cmd> F1  (command + dimmer button) does toggle display mirroring.

It's such a handy shortcut, especially critical when things go screwy temporarily and you can't see where your cursor is, I don't know why it's not more prominently featured.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com