Urgent Firewire Question

David Anderson david at grupo-utopia.com
Mon Jan 27 17:08:48 PST 2003

I asked this question over the weekend but got no answer. I have several
external firewire drives, three 40gb Western Digitals and one Maxtor 80gb. I
use them for backup and video editing with my Ti 500 Powerbook. The problem
is whether I connect them through a powered hub or directly to the Ti¹s
Firewire hub, either one or daisy chained, the drives will be accessible for
a few moments and then the red read/write light will come on on the drive
and it will just freeze... This happens with all four drives, and then I get
the beachball of death, any help is appreciated. I am running OSX 10.2.3