[Ti] OS X on a PC? [forward from a different list]

Chris Rock stinger at pixar.com
Wed Jan 29 12:05:15 PST 2003

Guess you haven't been following the rest of the 64bit scene to closely.
Intel has the Itanium2 ( heh), and AMD has their Opteron series of CPU's
the Clawhammers and the Sledgehammers, all 3 of which are 64bit cpu's.
The Intel part is far from economical, AMD on the other hand has aimed
the clawhammer design at the standard market and the sledgehammer at the
server market. AMD has strived in bringing their processors out at a
price point the common man can afford. As for OS's for these chips, we
have MS 64bit windows ( errg ) and then of course 64 bit versions of Linux.

- Rock