Wireless Internet Access

Bob Bergey rb at dprint.com
Thu Jan 30 09:16:32 PST 2003

I really need to find a way to connect wirelessly to the Internet when I'm
on the road and don't have a phone (land line) connection available. I'd
like to hear from others already doing this. My assumption is that the only
way to do this now may be with a Bluetooth adapter and compatible cell
phone; what I'd prefer, though, is a PCMCIA card solution, but the one I'm
aware of (Sierra) doesn't have any Mac drivers available for it yet. What
are your recommendations?

I'm on the east coast, based 30 miles northeast of Philadelphia, currently
use Verizon for my cell phone useage, and roam mostly within four hours of
the Philly area (I drive motorcoach, so stopping at a Starbucks usually
isn't practical -- bus won't fit in their parking lots <G>). I'm using a
TiBook/400 with OS X 10.2.3.

Thanks for your input.

Bob
Bob Bergey -- 215-527-1048 -- Perkasie, PA     <mailto:bob at bergey.net>