[Ti] Battery Question

Jim Soriano jsoriano at sumbeach.com
Thu Jan 30 10:49:25 PST 2003

After reading the Apple kbase article I'm even more confused than my
normal state...

My TiPBG4-800 DVI/GbE came new from CDW with the M8511 14.4V battery
installed.  Not mentioned on Apple's page

I purchased a used TiPBG4-550 battery with M6091 14.4V markings from a
seller on eBay -- this model is also not mentioned on Apple's page (and
it works fine -- for $40 I don't care if it doesn't store as much power
as a newer battery -- it appears to give me 85% of the usage time of my
original M8511 battery.)

To further confuse things, I'm using the M8482 Apple Portable Power
Adapter that came with my laptop -- also not mentioned on Apple's page.

Anybody care to enlighten us on Apple's model number policy for
batteries and adapters?

Regards,

Jim