[Ti] Ti800 modem gone bad?

sLiving sliving-lists at gmx.net
Fri Jan 31 04:44:30 PST 2003

On 29.01.2003 03:10 Uhr, "paulatx1 at aol.com" <paulatx1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Sunday during the Superbowl, my PC-using aunt asked to use my Ti to get
> online.  She got online, went to a website, and before the website could
> finish loading...the entire computer froze up!  I have NEVER had this entire
> computer lock up since switching to Jaguar.  I have had a few apps  freeze,
> but never the entire computer.

Hi

I had Jaguar kernal panics after Chimera crashed and tried to send a
bug-report via talkback (connected via modem, buggy). A forced restart
didn't help much as after restarting Chimera kernal panic appeared
immediately again.

Solution was to delete Chimera profile-folder. Since that I install new
versions of Chimera and delete talkback-function in applications-package
folder.

Of course, this will not help if your modem is defective. Did you reset your
TI completely and PRAM (minimum 3 times)?

Hi

Kurt