[Ti] 17-inch Wintel competition

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Tue Jul 1 12:27:19 PDT 2003

At 1:31 PM -0400 2003.07.01, Peter Krug wrote:

>That's one hell of a URL.  For $1k less ($2179), you get almost the same specs as the 17-inch G4 PB.  No Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a instead of g, the ability to put 2 GB RAM inside, 4 USB 2.0 ports, 40 fewer pixels in width, 32 MB less on the video card, No bluetooth, SD slot instead of PC card slot, no FW 800, whatever a 1-FIR port is, a 2.8 GHz P4 (not M?), 800 MHz bus and Windows XP Pro.  Plus a strange case (is it really as thick as the picture implies) and a horrible website to buy it from.

This product is a dog to anyone with a TiBook or Al.

But I do actually kind of like the implementation of one or more built-in camera media ports, as that's what I use my PC Card slot for anyway. I also found it interesting that Toshiba offers an SD Bluetooth adaptor for this slot.

Note the IR in FIR as a clue to what it is.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)