[Ti] 17-inch Wintel competition

mburke6225 at aol.com mburke6225 at aol.com
Tue Jul 1 12:31:32 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 12:56  PM, Sam Hotchkiss wrote:
> > If I'm not mistaken, that' actually HEAVIER than the
> ORIGINAL mac
> > portable
> > (remember the one that was 7 inches thick?)

Macintosh people are such techno snobs!  Posts drip with sarcasm about anything PC (which when you think about it is not PC).  Fact:  Toshiba should be applauded for hiring a visually impaired designer to lead the design team on the new 17 inch.  And look at how healthy this unit is.  Toshiba's design sets a new level for fat reduction for anyone carrying their 17 incher through an airport.  9.9 lbs is gonna burn a whole lot of calories.

Even though some were saying just a few months back that the PowerBook 17 was more of a desktop than a lap top the announcement today of the Toshiba 17 proves IT is the first hybrid desktop/laptop computer ever made setting new standards for inconceivability of design.

Gotta tell ya'...makes me love my 17 inch PowerBook even more.

MBurke