[Ti] best speakers for travelling

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Fri Jul 4 15:44:23 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:52:01PM -0400, Mark O'Brien wrote:
> On 7/4/03 12:23 PM, "Mark C. Langston" <mark at bitshift.org> wrote:
>
> > I own a pair.  Prior to using these, I was travelling with some rather
> > heavy Sony desktop speakers.  The Generation2 SI-5's have excellent
> > range, good volume, and best of all, can be powered directly from your
> > USB port.
>

> Is the USB connector optional? Your link says it's powered by 4 AAA
> batteries, and mentions nothing about USB.

Yep, it's optional.  I ordered it from the manufacturer after receiving
the speakers.  The default power source is 4 AA batteries, as that page
states.  I've never used it with batteries, tho.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org