PowerBooks are too delicate

S. Moussly smoussly at ebla.com.kw
Mon Jul 7 00:29:11 PDT 2003

I think one of the greatest investments I have ever done was purchasing
my first Mac, A G4 15inch Tibook. A pricey tag for a laptop, but
definitely worth the money. I am somewhat disappointed with its delicacy
though. I started noticing a squeaky sound from the "cover" of the
laptop when I put my arm wrist on the bottom right of the keyboard
(while using the mouse). I am not quite sure if this is a known issue,
but it is somewhat annoying. Another thing I've noticed is the paint
chipping off. I know this is a known issue, and it's unfortunate that it
has only been 8 months since I purchased my PowerBook and the chipping
has started. I purchased iPaint a few days ago, which will hide the
chipping problem. The squeaky sound is what is bothering me. Any
suggestions on how to fix it?

I wonder if the Aluminum PowerBooks have the same problems.

Overall, the PowerBooks are beautiful laptops; I only wish they wouldn't
be so delicate.

Sincerely,

Sam