[Ti] PowerBooks are too delicate

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Mon Jul 7 14:29:18 PDT 2003

On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 03:29  AM, S. Moussly wrote:

> I think one of the greatest investments I have ever done was purchasing
> my first Mac, A G4 15inch Tibook. A pricey tag for a laptop, but
> definitely worth the money. I am somewhat disappointed with its
> delicacy
> though. I started noticing a squeaky sound from the "cover" of the
> laptop when I put my arm wrist on the bottom right of the keyboard
> (while using the mouse). I am not quite sure if this is a known issue,
> but it is somewhat annoying.

I noticed this squeak after reassembling by TiBook after installation
of an Airport card.  I can see a small gap between the two different
grey colors at the seam just below and right of my slot drive on the
front of the machine.  I can close the gap by pressing down on the top
surface, but it always springs back.  I've been meaning to disassemble
and reassemble the machine now for about six months, but alas, it's not
that bothersome so I haven't gotten to it yet :-)

--Justin