[OT] LAME what for? Was: AAC redux

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Thu Jul 10 00:19:11 PDT 2003

onsdagen den 9 juli 2003 kl 12.20 skrev Joel Hopwood:

> Cocoa front end for the iTunes LAME script
---------
Have now spent an hour trying to find a normal explanation for LAME.
:-( Lots of information on what it is not. Nowhere a plain explanation
what it is.

I want to know what I can make easier, with more quality or with more
alternatives with LAME or what I can't do if I don't have it?

Or can i simplify it by saying; If I don't know what LAME is I don't
need it? :-)

I'm listening to music. I don't download it from the net, but transfer
from my CDs to my iPod. I have no wish to alter the music from it's
original recording. Perhaps I simply don't need to know what LAME is
good for? :-)

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/Culture_in_School> updat 030606
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in