Titanium G4 Pros and cons

Brian Davis brian at tvc15design.com
Thu Jul 10 07:19:35 PDT 2003

I know that this question has likely been asked before but I'm going to ask
it anyway. What are the best things about owning a Titanium Powerbook? What
are the worst things (if you can think of any)?

I'm planning on getting a Powerbook for grad school and my school's computer
store has a few new 867mhz Titanium's for $1799 ($1800 is my limit). Of
course I've heard all the complaints about the paint chipping, the screen
warping, the keyboard marking up the screen, and so forth. But are these
real issues that most Titanium owners have? The supposed increased
durability of the new Aluminum Powerbooks sounds great and I would consider
the 12" but I need a larger screen and a L3 cache. The 17" is too expensive
and too large to carry around in my opinion (I have to take it to class
everyday). I'm hoping that the rumors of new 15" Aluminum Powerbooks being
released next week are true because that would mean that I could get a 1GHz
Titanium for around $1799 or less.

any help out there?

Brian
--