[Ti] Titanium G4 Pros and cons

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 14:18:26 PDT 2003

Two competing bits of advice:

>> My advice:
>>
>> Get a Ti. My paint is fine, I travel with it in a pack every day, and
>> it looks and drives like brand new.
>>

>> hth,
>>

>> rick
>

>My advice: wait!
>
>I do the same as Rick above, but the paint on mine has chipped right away on
the edge of the machine above the dvd slot and on quite a lot of the hinges.
It's not the end of the world, but it's not great. The fan also goes off too
regularly even when just running a minimal set of apps such as Word, Safari
and Entourage. It's a lovely machine, but if I were spending my own money
I'd be annoyed.

>All the best,
>
>Colin

I purchased my Ti 800 in May of last year, and had paint bubbling problems that Apple addressed completely with a one-day turnaround.  The woman at Apple who took care of the problems was surprised that there were paint issues at all with mine; and I doubt there are paint issues with later Ti's.

I haven't had any problems since, except when I installed OS 10.2.6 and got some bum advice from an Apple techie (also, HP's driver doesn't work as well as an earlier version worked on 10.1.5).

The Ti is rugid and excellent, and I would recommend it to anyone.  I waited before buying one too, but Apple seems to be putting out excellent products and, by and large, their AppleCare assistance is very good.  At some point I expect to buy a Big Al, and would not consider it if I was not pleased.

Tim Naegele

http://admin.naegelelaw.com/FSL5CS/Custom/home.asp