[Ti] Disturbing trend

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Jul 10 15:41:41 PDT 2003

At 9:40 -0500 7/10/03, Pedro Vera wrote:
>It could be a liability issue, maybe they don't want to respond to
>Apple for using their trademark
>improperly.

Pedro - on the contrary, I would say that editing out a registered
trademark/logo from a clearly-identifiable product image would itself
have a liability issue.
This would be a clear abuse of a trademark.  That is me speaking as a
punter, not being a lawyer.

Victor - if I was you, I would send the offending (offensive to us
Apple supporters) URL/hard copy adverts to Apple external
affairs/IP/legal department to deal with themselves.

Trevor