PB 12" fragility was [Ti] Titanium G4 Pros and cons

Chris Volpe CVolpe at beaupre.com
Fri Jul 11 06:39:47 PDT 2003

I have a survey question for the littleAl owners. I've had a Ti since April
2000 and I agree they're fragile - you don't need my litany of Apple
service, but I still love the thing and think it's the best laptop I've ever
had (oh what a little industrial design will do). But it was getting so
banged up despite my care that once Apple replaced the casing for me I
parked it on my desk at home and got an iBook for the road. It's been pretty
solid. I've been waiting to sell both and buy the rev B Little Al when it
comes out - but I am definitely getting worried about durability. I was
hoping they were sufficiently sturdy - are you telling me the little fellas
quickly scuff and scratch and weaken at the knees despite your best efforts
- not as bad as our TiBooks but do you find yourself carrying them like a
carton of eggs?

I would love to hear from you PB 12" owners, on or off list, what your
experience has been with durability and what you think I can expect?

Chris