[Ti] Grey-scale display

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Wed Jul 16 17:41:03 PDT 2003

Guys, you're terrific to respond so quickly and I've even got off-list
replies. Truly, this is one of the Mac's sterling attributes: the
quality of its users.

For the record, here is how I resolved this issue. I created a new user
and then deleted the existing user. All the parameters of the existing
user transferred to the new, sole user. The old deleted user, with its
"belongings' became a .drg file for retrieval if I needed something or
forgot something. Apparently the newly created user bypassed whatever
glitch was causing the grey-scale opening and everything is as it
should be.

If I've left anything out and you're interested, please email me
off-list.

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 07:36 PM, Jerry Krinock wrote:

> on 03/07/16 09:54, Murray Kastner at murrayka at mac.com wrote:
>
>> I've been helping a newbie set up her iBook. Everything is okay 'cept
>> for one nagging problem, which I am sure is obvious to anyone but me.
>>
>> Upon booting up, the screen jumps from color to grey-scale. Now, it is
>> fairly easy just to use the System Prefs:Display to choose Thousands
>> of
>> colors and the color is back.
>>
>> Can anyone steer me in the right direction so that when she logs in,
>> she has color and not have to manually set it back to color?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Murray
>>

> Check the System Preferences -> DIsplays, although on my Ti, greyscale
> is
> not even an option.
>
> If the PRAM idea did not work, try going into her
> home>Library>preferences,
> looking for a com.apple.displays...plist or something like that, and
> trashing it.
>
> Jerry

Best regards,

Murray