Troubleshooting help needed

Joel Hopwood hopwood at zhian.com
Thu Jul 17 01:12:46 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

My setup is a Ti 667 DVI - quite simply the best mac I've ever owned blah
blah blah, you know the drill :o)

I'm running 10.2.6 with Safari 1.0 and I also use some 3rd party software
including LaunchBar, Meteorologist and a few Application Enhancers (.ape)
from Unsanity.

Recently I've noticed a couple of things going wrong with my system: most
ntably with Safari, which is unexpectedly quitting a couple of times a day
now. FWIW I have Java turned off (as its performance is so terrible,
causing news.bbc.co.uk to sputter for ~20 secs on loading).

I recently played around with Silk 2 (and used it to replace Lucida Grande
with sweet Helvetics throughout the Finder, which was nice) but I have
uninstalled that now.

Are there any other general housekeeping tips I could use to improve the
stability of my apps?

JOel