Virtual PC 6.0 on BigAl

John B. Crane jbcrane at cranedigital.com
Thu Jul 17 11:51:21 PDT 2003

Greetings All,

Apologies for I'm certain this has been addressed already, but I'm
considering VPC 6 for BigAll (1Gig RAM).
Has anyone purchased, installed and used this product recently on BigAl
and if so, what grade would you give its performance? My last exposure
to VPC was way back in v2 under OS9 (300MHz G3) and performance was
dreadful. Realizing this is not geared toward high-end performance but
some base level of functionality, is it "usably fast" for simple chores
like Office work, or web surfing, or the occasional 3D model
translation under something like Deep Exploration? any real 3D/graphics
work is of course done in native OSX or Intel env.

As I understand it, there are no upgrades from v2 to v6, but they
recommend purchasing VPC6/DOS and using your own license of XP or what
have you, providing a more reasonable path.

Any feedback is welcomed. Will probably purchase but am trying to keep
expectations low ;-).

Best Regards,

John B. Crane
Principal
CraneDigital, LLC
Visual Communications for All Media
jbcrane at cranedigital.com
+1 (970) 229-1462
www.cranedigital.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
are addressed. If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.