[Ti] Troubleshooting help needed

A.J.Bos Arjan.Bos at icu.nl
Thu Jul 17 13:03:44 PDT 2003

On donderdag, jul 17, 2003, at 15:25 Europe/Amsterdam, John Griffin
wrote:

> Alex typed this message on 7/17/03 7:21 AM:
>
>> On the issue of going to 10.3 I noticed that in Panther the default
>> disk format is "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)," with the only other
>> option being UFS.
>> Does anyone on the list now if the standard Mac OS Extended format can
>> be upgraded to the Journaled format without an initialising the HD?
>
> HFS+ Journaled is how I am running now with no problems.
>
> You can use Cocktail to start your drive in Journaling mode. Just
> click, and
> that's it.

Or, if you're unwilling to download and / or install Cocktail for just
this feature, you can always revert to the terminal.app and type 'sudo
diskutil enableJournal /'
This will prompt for the superuser (root) password and allocate the
journaling file and enable journaling in 10.2
Here are the results for my ti667 (infrared):

[arjan-boss-computer:~/] arjanbos% sudo diskutil enableJournal /
Password:
Allocated 8192K for journal file.
Journaling has been enabled on /

> The only thing I have had to do is to add "-f" (force) to the fsck
> command
> in single user mode or it refuses to diagnose the Volume structure.
>
> jg

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)