[Ti] Panther anyone?

David Remahl david at ittpoi.com
Sat Jul 19 00:04:21 PDT 2003

Messages like Loren's are the _exact_ reason why the NDA is needed!
Academic discussions between developers don't really matter, but when
someone posts to a group that includes people less familiar with beta
practices, claiming that panther crashes, is slow and lacks support for
this and that - that is when it harms Apple!

By the way, boot time has never "taken for ever", and it is really no
big deal considering waking from sleep takes just a second.

There are no beta email groups, because the NDA you must have signed to
legally get your Panther copy forbids discussing the prototype even
with other NDA signers. This is a problem for programmers who have
problem with the new version, but are unable to discuss it on the Apple
hosted mailing lists.

Lets not discuss Panther until it has been publicly released...

/ Regards, David Remahl