[OT] Networking help with my Ti, please

Bill Reburn billreburn at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 19 10:11:51 PDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

I finally found a way to keep my wife from having to kill all my running
apps, so that she can check her own email in OSX (and yes I know Panther
will fix this - as demonstrated by S. Jobs). I polished off an older machine
that can run 9.1 - and put it in her own room (we each have an extra room
for our own shtuff in our house). Problem is, I bought a router to use with
my cable modem and I am absolutely lost over how to configure this thing.
Networking is one bad area for me, right up there with Unix. I love the
stuff, but know nothing about it.

Could anyone provide me with some help? Don't mind if you respond offlist or
whatever. My wife's computer doesn't seem to be gaining any access.
Basically I have the cable modem with signal coming in, sent to the router,
then plugged into the back I have 4 outlets - #1 to my Ti, which has access
to the internet. # 2 to my wife's machine running 9.1, no access to
anything. It's a Linksys router.. Umm any more details?

Help!  :-)

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers