Stock Market Charting software OS X ?

Joseph Fisher kzfisher at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 20 18:15:51 PDT 2003

Hello all,

Is anyone on the list using any stock market analysis & charting
software?

I'd be interested to know what's available. I am currently forced to
use my Equis Metastock program (windows only) via Virtual PC.

After running a search I've discovered a few Mac specific programs
available;  ProTA, Behold, Tendsetter, and Tradex. But all appear to be
OS 9 only. A couple are ridiculously expensive for what they offer and
especially as OS 9 programs (I know Metastock Windows is expensive but
it was a gift and I didn't have to pay for it at $500+ USD).

The ProTA site mentions work on an  OS X version which they expect to
release in 2003 but as of this date they haven't posted anything on
their website.

I could run any of the above mentioned since I still have OS 9,2,2
classic available  but I'd rather use an OS X native or at least
carbonized program. At this point I may be forced to endure loading
Virtual PC to run Metastock to do my charting or shell out the $ for an
OS 9 native pgm.

Thanks
Joe