[Ti] Big Al 17" keyboard + Num Lock

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 20 19:52:49 PDT 2003

At 18:06 -0500 20/7/03, Bill Reburn wrote:
>On 7/20/03 4:32 PM, "Steve Wozniak" <steve at woz.org> wrote:
>
>>  At 5:20 PM -0400 2003.07.20, John Griffin wrote:
>>
>>>  So, let's be honest here. How many of us have had this happen?
>>>
>>>  My hand is raised!
>>
>>  It used to confuse me and I would restart (when I didn't notice the num lock
>>  indicator).
>
>I'll confess. My wife used to use my Ti for her banking and stuff.. In the
>same way that women complain about the toilet seat issue, I would freak
>because she would leave it on EVERYTIME. It wasn't that big a deal really,
>but I sympathize.. Been there.
>
>I just asked her why she does it and she says at work on the PC's, the
>number pad on the end of an extended keyboard usually doesn't work unless
>Num Lock is on (I think she works in XP). Does it matter on the Mac? I don't
>think I have come across a problem anywhere.. ? My extended Mac keyboard
>number pad works fine right now, plugged into the Ti.. I am sure my new Dual
>G41.25 at work behaves the same (just got it and all new software on Friday,
>woohoo!)...  I will also check my work PC tomorrow..

Bill,

I think the NUM lock issue can be traced back to Excel where if you
didn't turn it on, 8,6,2 and 4 equated to up, right, down and left
one cell respectively.

--
Regards,
Mark (}-;

gibsonm1 (AIM)

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more
important than any other one thing."   --Abraham Lincoln