[Ti] Target Disk Mode

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 24 09:11:14 PDT 2003

on 03/07/22 13:14, Gregory P. Perez at gpp7824 at mac.com wrote:

> 1. The tibook becomes quite hot and the fan turns on. (considering that my
> fan normally does not turn on when the computer is in standard usage, this
> seems strange)
>
> 2. The screen never powers off.

Probably this is the way it is designed - you have the Firewire icon
drifting around the screen.

> I would like to use my powerbook in target disk mode all day at work and
> then at the end of the day simply unplug it and take it home with all of the
> day's work onboard.

AFTER BACKING UP THIS DATA, I HOPE!!!

> I'm trying to avoid having multiple file versions on two
> machines.

except for backups, I presume.

> However, with these heat issues and the screen being on all day
> I'm not liking this option.

It sounds like a good plan, and I agree that the fan should not be running
since the CPU should not be doing much, but I don't know what could be
wrong.  I have not used Target Disk mode enough to know.