[Ti] OS 10.2.6 Printing Problems [Ugh!]

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Fri Jul 25 08:53:34 PDT 2003

I am generally hesitant to change OSs until I get a sense that most of the "bugs" are out.  I moved from 10.1.5 (which I loved) to 10.2.6 reluctantly, and found that the Apple techie who walked me through the installation made a mistake and all of my bookmarks were lost, a mistake that was admitted by a subsequent Apple techie who tried to help.

The latest issue involves printing problems.  Put succinctly, 10.2.6 will not print envelopes properly using MS Word and our H-P printers.  I began with Apple and then H-P, and yesterday spent time with a very good Apple-trained techie at Microsoft.  The gist of it is that H-P's latest print driver does not work properly with Word, and hence NO envelopes can be printed.  The MS techie said that H-P is "working on the problem."

Since Jaguar has been out for quite a while, imagine the problems that will ensue with Panther regarding issues as basic as printing!

Tim Naegele

http://admin.naegelelaw.com/FSL5CS/Custom/home.asp

______