[Ti] Videoconferencing, anyone?

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Tue Jul 29 01:26:05 PDT 2003

At 10:48 PM -0400 7/28/03, Murray Kastner wrote:

>My girlfriend's son is going to Hong Kong for a year (to design and build a new city, I am told...) and I wondered if anyone has had some hands-on experience with it. I would imagine he'll be set up to do it between head office in NYC and his HK office. I have a 17" Big Al with a Meg of RAM. I believe that I have the requisite software available from Apple?

This is not very clear to me. It sounds like he will be using existing teleconferencing equipment and you are asking if he can use it with you, on your Big Al. I would guess that such equipment uses the more currently common protocol (???), while iChat AV uses a newer protocol, and they are not compatible.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)