[OT] Videoconferencing, anyone?

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Tue Jul 29 08:56:20 PDT 2003

Well I can report that everyone who saw the ichatAV running with "one
way video chat" was impressed. People sat down and found chatting to be
quite natural. The quality of sound was pretty good, and the video
"good enough" using a 640 x 480 resolution "Pyro FirewireCam". This was
all done over the WLAN.

I just spoke to a UK Apple dealer who (strangely enough) just received
his first 2 iSights today. he's going to set it all up and we will test
again tomorrow to see how it goes over the internet. I'll let you know
my thoughts.

thanks for that link to the cross platform solution also -- I'll check
it out.

many thanks,
--
Tarik Bilgin