[Ti] [OT] Maybe ... Need to get connect to internet using Sony T68i with AI17"

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Tue Jul 29 08:59:19 PDT 2003

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 11:36  PM, Carlos Fernando Hernandez wrote:

> I recently get a AI17" and a T68i mobil phone, but Im wonder how can I
> connect to internet using the phone. I know that I can use the browser
> inside the phone to see a few pages without to many images, only text.
>
> I want to know how to get into the Internet using the actual
> connection of
> my mobile phone.
>
> Im in Mexico and my provider is TELCEL.
>
> Im not a geek of mobile phones, but want to take the most of it.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide me.

I have T-Mobile and I have thus far only used it as a regular modem,
i.e. not GPRS.  It only connects at 9.6k, but it's nice for
emergencies.  I understand that GPRS gives you approx. dialup speeds
(56k).

If you have paired the phone in Bluetooth, you should see the device
show up in your Network preferences like the onboard Ethernet or modem.
  Then you just configure it as "Ericsson Infared" type and setup the
PPP preference using a dialup account.

--Justin