[Ti] Combo Drive Update

Charles Shere charlesshere at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 1 09:29:07 PDT 2003

Maybe it bears repeating: keep a THIN credit card near your TiBook.
When a CD won't eject, insert a corner of the card into the CD slot, at
about the center, pointing up at about a 30-degree angle, while the
drive is attempting the eject. The CD will slide out under the credit
card.

This tip was given me over the phone by Apple help and it's never
failed. I cut an old credit card down to size just for the purpose;
it's replaced my old straightened-out paper clip.

Most of my eject problems seemed to be cured when I went to 10.2.6, but
an extra-thick label, like the Memorex glossy labels, will still make
problems. I'm told this is because of a deflected top plate, so watch
that right hand-heel!
--
Charles Shere
http://www.shere.org