Dead Ethernet

Patrick Murphy PDM2318 at dcccd.edu
Mon Jun 2 14:42:08 PDT 2003

I woke the other morning to find my DSL modem dead to the world.  I bought a new modem (2wire) but could not get it to connect with my TI book (g4 550).  I brought the TI book  to work and tried to connect over the T3 line there (something I do on a daily basis)--still no connection.

Since my warranty is out,  repairing the ethernet looks like it's going to be pretty expensive.  What are my best options for  connecting to my DSL service without using ethernet?  Pc cards?  Wireless, etc.???

please help,

-Patrick