Heat & Fans

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 14:45:22 PDT 2003

The fans on my Ti 800 seem to be performing just fine; they come on periodically and then shut themselves off.  However, I have two questions:

(1)  Is it best to leave the fan running even though I have finished with my work temporarily, or is it better to put the Ti to sleep?  Obviously when it goes to sleep, the fan ceases to function.

(2)  What has been the experience of new "Big Al" owners with respect to the heat issue?  Do they seem to run hotter or cooler than the Ti?

Thanks as always.

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com