[Ti] G4/400 AC adapter for new BigAl 17

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 2 16:43:59 PDT 2003

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 03:22  PM, Murray Kastner wrote:
> Sorry if I am covering ground covered before but I just got me new 17
> and have a Madsen light-weight power supply. Can I use it without
> worry or not.
>
> I believe I read somewhere -- probably here -- that the power is less
> and it will take longer to charge the battery but I wonèt do the PB
> any damage by using it on the road.

Madsonline page states:
  Compatibility Note Regarding MadsonLine Adapters & new PowerBooks
The PowerBook G4 12" & all iBooks are fully compatible with MadsonLine
45W Adapters.
PowerBook G4 15" (867MHZ, 1GHZ) & 17" models will charge normally in a
sleeping or shutdown state.
These PowerBooks will run off the adapter, but may not charge the
battery at the same time.
During heavy usage, the PowerBook will draw from the battery while
connected to the adapter.
We do not recommend 45W adapters with these models.

Apple has a similar statement in the developer notes for the 17"
powerbook for its own adapters.

So, you won't be able to charge the battery, and use at your own risk.

Benn