[Ti] Heat & Fans

Randy Reames randy at reames.org
Tue Jun 3 08:54:22 PDT 2003

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 04:45 PM, NaegeleWDC at aol.com wrote:

> The fans on my Ti 800 seem to be performing just fine; they come on
> periodically and then shut themselves off.  However, I have two
> questions:
>
> (1)  Is it best to leave the fan running even though I have finished
> with my work temporarily, or is it better to put the Ti to sleep?
> Obviously when it goes to sleep, the fan ceases to function.

You do want to make sure the cpu is still not running high and that
there is not a rogue process taxing the cpu before you close the lid.

I have seen pictures online of people that have closed their powerbook
while a process was using 100% of the cpu and melted the keyboard (not
the lady that baked her powerbook, that's another story). The process
never quit even while in sleep mode.

I run "cee pee you" from http://www.unsanity.com/products.php. It sits
in the menu bar and I can see what my % my cpu is running at a glance.

--
Randy Reames  ~(*)~ www.reames.org
  "Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must