[Ti] G4/400 AC adapter for new BigAl 17

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Tue Jun 3 09:00:54 PDT 2003

You can use the 45W just fine, and the battery will charge just fine.
If you're going to be in an Airport for a short layover where you'll
want to charge your battery between flights, I'd recommend bringing the
65W one for the speedier charging.  I've never actually seen it draw
off the battery while running on the 45W adapter, and I've charged it
with that several times while using the computer too.  Then again, I've
never tried to deplete the battery while plugged in, but...

Besides, Madsonline wants you to buy more stuff.  ;-)

Benn <joverkamp at earthlink.net> writes:
> These PowerBooks will run off the adapter, but may not charge the=20
> battery at the same time.
> During heavy usage, the PowerBook will draw from the battery while=20
> connected to the adapter.
> We do not recommend 45W adapters with these models.
>
> Apple has a similar statement in the developer notes for the 17"=20
> powerbook for its own adapters.
>
> So, you won't be able to charge the battery, and use at your own risk.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html